KER EO.3 Omega 3 Fatty Acid Supplement for Horses 3.785L
Horses are often fed diets composed entirely of grain mixes and hay. Such diets are rich in omega-6 fatty acids but extremely low in omega-3 fatty acids. If vegetable oil is added to the ration, it further skews the ratio, with omega-6 fatty acids being overrepresented. To help counteract this imbalance, horses should be supplemented with omega-3 fatty acids, the richest sources of which are fish oils.
Kentucky Equine Research developed EO-3™, a potent marine-derived oil that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. EO-3 is a palatable oil that is top-dressed onto the feed. EO-3 contains the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. KER has shown EO-3 to be highly palatable when compared to other marine-derived oils.
EO-3 is intended to be fed to horses of all classes and working levels to improve the critical omega-3:omega-6 ratio in their diets.
EO-3 supplies omega-3 fatty acids, compounds with positive effects on reproduction, bone development and numerous inflammatory conditions in horses.
- Highly palatable flavored marine-derived oil
- Strengthens immune function
- Benefits of DHA- and EPA-mediated inflammatory response include reduction in joint inflammation, allergic reactivity, exercise-induced bronchoconstriction, and exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage
- Marine-derived long-chain fatty acids DHA and EPA are more efficiently used as precursors of local hormones than plant-based sources of omega-3 fatty acids
- Provides an anti-inflammatory effect in horses with Equine Glandular Gastric Disease (EGGD) and Recurrent Exertional Rhabdomyolysis (RER), as inflammation is a key part of the disease process
- Improves glucose tolerance
- Increases red blood cell flexibility
- Reproductive benefits include improved fertility, improved colostrum quality, enhanced passive transfer of antibodies to foals, and increased sperm concentration, motility, and viability
- ACVIM consensus statement recommends DHA and EPA supplementation for horses with inflammatory airway disease/equine asthma
- Shown in studies to reduce GGT and inflammatory markers in exercising horses
Add 1 to 2 oz (30 to 60 mL) to the feed. For best results, introduce EO-3 to the ration gradually over a period of 5 to 10 days.
Feeding guidelines for racehorses: Trainers and managers should adhere to the regulations set forth by specific racing jurisdictions prior to using any feed additives or supplements.
Free shipping on orders over $49 Australia-wide.
For orders under $49, the shipping fee will be caculated on the checkout page.