Cystophan Urinary Capsules for Cats (30 Capsules)
Cystophan Urinary Capsules support urinary health in cats, helping to protect against external factors that can negatively interfere with your pet’s bladder and nervous system.
Cystophan works by preserving the protective glycosaminoglycan (GAG) layer which coats the bladder, protecting it from direct exposure to urine. Without this protective layer, urine activates sensory nerve fibres which the brain perceives as uncomfortable.
Cystophan also contains L-tryptophan, which is used in the brain to make serotonin, the happy hormone.
These capsules are easy to administer: simply open and empty the contents on or into your cat’s food.
N-acetyl D-glucosamine (100%) 125mg/capsule
Acts as a building block for GAGs.
Hyaluronic acid 10mg/capsule
One of the main components of the protective GAG layer that lines the bladder.
Converted to serotonin, the happy hormone.
Artificial chicken flavouring
To improve palatability and compliance.
Vegetable capsule, Flavouring, Magnesium stearate
Cystophan is the first nutritional supplement to provide this combination of ingredients. Reducing the number of products your cat needs to take.
Cystophan is available in tubs of 30 capsules.
Direction for Use
Capsules are to be pulled apart and contents placed on, or mixed with feed.
Initially administer according to the guidelines below for at least two weeks. For long-term maintenance, administer according to the guidelines below:
Give for as long as considered necessary or as advised by your veterinary surgeon.
For Cats under 3kg
- Initially 1 capsule daily
- For long-term maintenance 1 capsule every other day
For Cats over 3kg
- Initially 2 capsules daily
- For long-term maintenance 1 capsule daily
Cystophan has a 2 year shelf life from the date of manufacture. Store in a cool dry place.
Free shipping on orders over $49 Australia-wide.
For orders under $49, the shipping fee will be caculated on the checkout page.
- LMLeanne M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHealth Concerns Urinary tract issuesRated 5 out of 5 starsEasy and effective
Recommended by my vet for an elderly cat with occasional UTI issues, as a preventative measure. The capsules easily pull apart allowing for the powder to be sprinkled onto wet food or mixed into a wet treat. The easiest way to pill a cat.
- CGClayton G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productDog Age Mature adult (7+ years old)Health Concerns Anxiety, Urinary tract issuesRated 5 out of 5 starsSeems Like Good Stuff
Early days, my cat is still on the double dose required for the first 14 days. Just over a week in now and his cystitis has already improved as has his mood. He’s in a good place at the moment.
- AOAnita O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 starsMale Cat
My cat had blood in his urine and had stones and these tablets has helped him
- JLJacquie L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHealth Concerns Urinary tract issuesRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat product
Keeps her well & no trouble to get her to take it mixed with her food- very happy with this product
- DFDana F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHealth Concerns Fussy eater, Urinary tract issuesRated 5 out of 5 starsUti
Easy to add to cats feed and helps with reducing uti's
Frequently Asked Questions
Cystitis in cats can be treated with Cystophan tablets, with dosages varying depending on your pet's size. Simply pull the tablet apart, releasing the contents on top of food, or mix throughout.
Cystophan can be used for initial treatment, or for long-term maintenance to help keep your pet in top health. You can discuss the best option for your cat with your vet.
Cystophan contains N-acetyl D-glucosamine, hyaluronic acid, L-tryptophan, and artificial chicken flavouring to help it go down a treat.